Jason Kottke Quarterly Company Review



Hey Everybody!


So I just got my Quarterly Company box for Jason Kottke and I'm not quite sure what to think of it. I had never heard of Jason Kottke before but I just had to know what he would send out. "Jason Kottke is a blogger and developer living in NYC. As editor of kottke.org for the last 14+ years, he’s scoured nearly every corner of the web for juicy links and things for people to read. Jason is also hard at work on Stellar, a web app for tracking and discovering your favorite things online."

For those of you who are not familiar with with Quarterly Co., it is a service that allows you to pick out who decides on the products that you receive each quarter. Last time, I received the box from Joel Johnson. Click here to see Joel Johnson's box. There are a lot of contributors to choose from and they all have their own style. I'd be surprised if you didn't find a contributor that  you didn't like! Click here to see all of the available contributors. 


Cost: $25/Quarter


Every Quarterly box that I have received includes a long, personal note from the contributor. This time, I actually followed the directions and read this before I saw what was inside. It's just a note from Jason Kottke explaining why he chose what he did. I like this little touch in the boxes! It makes it seem like those people actually did pick the things out and not just the company. 


Value: $14.99

A paper pinhole camera... I have honestly never used one of these. They actually look really cool though! I'm not 100% sure on how they work but I probably just need to read the instructions. I just think that this is so cool. I haven't used a real camera (that isn't digital) since my trip to Costa Rica. I didn't bring my digital camera when I went there because I was too afraid of breaking it. This would be a lot of fun to try out with my little cousins, I know that they would have a lot of fun with it too. 


Value: $2.09

I'm sure that you already guessed what the film was used for, the camera of course! Now I have not bought rolls of film in ages. I'm not even sure if I remember how to put them into a camera. Of course I will be using this with the new camera. 


Value: $16.99

Do not ask me what you are supposed to do with these LOL! All I know is that they are used with the camera, which I will figure out eventually. I'll have to do some playing around with all of the parts.


Value: $3.50

I cannot believe that I have never play a game of jumping beans before. I've heard of it many times before, I just never actually played it. It looks like a lot of fun though! I wonder what makes the beans jump though?


Total Value: $37.57

Do you receive any of the contributors boxes from Quarterly? Let me know if you do because I would love to know what other contributors send out!

Don't forget to like my Facebook page and subscribe to my YouTube channel! All of the links are on the upper right hand side of my blog :)


Disclaimer: Quarterly Co. did not contact or pay me to do this review. All opinions are my own. 

Comments

  1. I love this! Its so cool! I remember doing some project like this when I was younger, and now that I would understand the science more it would be so neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really excited to try it out! It looks really interesting

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Want to sell your old clothes? Poshmark.

Diamond Candles vs Prize Candles

Giveaway!