Living with a Siberian Husky--Tons of pictures!

Ever heard of a Siberian Husky? Most people have, a lot of people even call them their favorite dog. I can proudly say, they are my favorite dog and I currently own one. The picture above is of Emma (top) and Rosie (bottom). My dog is Emma, the one on top. My sister has a Siberian Husky too, her name is Rosie. Rosie and Emma LOVE going on play dates together. All of the pictures I am going to put in this blog are pictures of Emma and Rosie as they grow up.

David and Emma as a puppy (2 months old)

Now for a little history about Siberian Huskies. Siberian Huskies started out in the cold country of Siberia (hence why they have so much fur). From the very beginning, Huskies were trained as sled dogs who carried supplies for long periods of time. In the early 1900's, the first Siberian Husky sled team was imported into the United States, in Alaska. While in Alaska, Huskies won many sled dog competitions. There was one particular run that made Siberian Huskies famous in the United States. That run was known as, "The Serum Run." This important run was depicted in the famous movie called, "Balto." Ever since then, Siberian Huskies have won the hearts of many Americans. 

Emma around 4 months old

Siberian Huskies come in a variety of different colors. I've seen black & white, red & white, grey & white and even pure white. Emma and Rosie are both black & white Huskies while Rosie has a bit of grey in her fur as well. Huskies have a few different colored eyes too. Emma has two bright blue eye while Rosie has one blue eye and one brown eye. I've heard that the Siberian Husky show dogs are supposed to have two brown eyes if they want to win. Siberian Huskies really don't get that big at all. Usually between 40-60 lbs max. The Alaskan Malamute looks almost identical to a Siberian Husky, the only difference is that they get a lot bigger. I've seen 100+ lb. Alaskan Malamutes. 

Emma last year at Christmas (She was tired) 

Taking care of Siberian Huskies can be a very difficult task at times. Emma and Rosie both have very long fur. Their coat needs to be brushed almost everyday so that it doesn't get matted. I work at a pet store though and I have seen a lot of other Huskies come through the store. For some reason, Emma and Rosie both have a lot longer fur than other Huskies I've seen. They are both pure-bred Huskies, I'm just not sure why they have a different type of fur than others. Either way, I love their fur and that was the main reason why I got them. The only bad thing about it is that it takes a lot of work from me to brush their fur and they shed A LOT during the Spring and Summer. All of my black clothes have a lot of noticeable dog hair on them. I have to carry a lint roller in my purse anymore. 



Emma and I when she was 2 months old

Siberian Huskies NEED exercise. If you don't take them on walks or to the dog park, they will destroy your house. Emma and Rosie are both trained very well not to chew on anything except for their toys. It took a lot of time to get there though. I take Emma to the Dog Park as much as I possibly can. It's kind of like a relaxing time for me too because after spending an hour at the park, Emma crashes and sleeps for the rest of the day. Seeing Emma and Rosie run around the dog park is amazing to me. They are so strong and agile, they look like perfect sled dogs. Emma and Rosie both play rough together. Sometimes it sounds like they are being mean, but it's all just play to them. They are really good about playing nice with all other dogs, especially smaller dogs. I've never seen them be aggressive at the dog park or mean to other dogs. One time when Rosie was only 3 months old, I brought her to the dog park because there was a Husky meet-up. A Husky meet-up is when a whole bunch of Husky owners get together and let their dogs play together. Well anyways, Rosie wanted to sniff a Husky/American bulldog mix and she tried to sniff his nose. Well the other dog didn't like that and he actually bit her. It scared her so bad, she wouldn't leave my side for the rest of the day. I've never had a problem since then. As long as you socialize your dog at a young age, they will be friendly to others. 

 Emma at 2 months

 Emma at 5 months

 Emma's first Halloween, she was a pumpkin

 Emma at 2 months, she was trying to play with the cat (Henry)

 Rosie at 5 months, she was curious as to what I was doing in the basement

 Rosie (2 months) and I

 Rosie (2 months) loved to lay in the snow, and she still does

Emma sticking her tongue out at me :P

My final verdict is that Siberian Huskies are great dogs to have. It just takes a lot of time to take care of them. They need exercise and plenty of play time with you. They are very lovable and friendly. Although, sometimes it seems as if they have too much energy. If you are looking for a lap dog, then Huskies probably aren't for you. They are known for running too, so if you are looking to get one then make sure that you have a tall fence with plenty of room to run around in. 

Hope you liked reading this and looking through all my pictures! Leave me comments and let me know what you thought about it :) Do you have a Husky? Are you looking to get one? If you have any more questions about them then feel free to ask!

Don't forget to subscribe to my YouTube account: My YouTube Channel
As well as my Twitter Account: My Twitter Account!

I post pictures and videos of my dogs on both of these all the time! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Want to sell your old clothes? Poshmark.

Diamond Candles vs Prize Candles

Giveaway!