Sation Nail Lacquer "Love at First Byte" Review


I'm starting to find more time for my reviews so expect a lot more to come in the near future! 

A couple of months ago, I received a bottle of Sation Nail Lacquer in "Love At First Byte" from IpsyFrom first look, I wasn't too excited about the color. I like to wear bright or pastel colors. Nude nail polishes aren't really my thing. Unless I'm trying to look a little more professional, which was when I decided to try this out :) I saw this color on Amazon for $3.40 if any of you are interested in trying it out. 

As soon as I started to take the brush out of the bottle, I noticed how thin the polish was. Did any of you have that problem when you put it on? I've never used Sation nail lacquer before so I wasn't sure if that was normal for their polishes. 

It wasn't even noticeable after one application. It took 4 coats to get the coverage that I have in this picture. If you look at the bottom 2 fingers, you can still see my tips through the polish. I probably should have gone with 5 coats but I thought that was a little excessive. 

My overall experience with Sation was pretty negative. The price is great and totally affordable but the coverage was really poor. I wouldn't buy another bottle of their polish based on how this polish turned out. I might give them another shot one day, it would have to be a darker color though. They just need to make their nude shades with a thicker formula for more coverage. It was really easy to take off with some nail polish remover.

Disclaimer: I bought this product with my own money and all opinions are my own. This post includes referral links. 

Comments

  1. The colour is good with your skintone, but 4 coats is way too much work. I've never tried this brand myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it does match my skin color very well! I just think that 5 coats of a polish is WAY too much

      Delete
  2. I'm with you. I wasn't impressed at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have heard that sation seems to be sheer in all the colours i've seen reviewed, which is just too annoying for me to ever want to try the brand :(

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried this brand - what a waste of $$ and time. How dumb to water their product down like that. thanks for taking the courage to post how it was for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of their polishes I have found are not watered down or sheer. I've been quite pleased. However, the lighter toned polishes do require more coats. I haven't found this to be true with the darker colors. 2 coats and I'm done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Want to sell your old clothes? Poshmark.

Diamond Candles vs Prize Candles

Giveaway!