PetBox September 2013 Review


Whoot! My very first PetBox came in the mail today and I couldn't wait to rip it open as soon as I got home :) I made a posting about 2 weeks ago about the deal that I found for PetBox through Coupaw (a deal website for pet items, kind of like Hautelook for cats and dogs). With the codes that Coupaw had, I ended up getting a 2-month subscription for only $23.20, usually a 2-month subscription would have been $58. 


Cost: $29/month

I was surprised at how big the box was when I saw it sitting on my kitchen table! I chose the option for a medium sized dog, they curate the products based on the size of your dog. If you don't have a dog, they even have the option for you to get a box for your cat! One of the main reasons why I decided to sign up for PetBox was because they only send out USA made products. It makes me feel safer knowing that I'm getting my puppies the best :)



I'm pretty familiar with this brand because the pet store that I used to work for carries it. I actually used to recommend this brand to customers all of the time because it's a pretty good one. There's a 2 sided toothbrush, a finger brush and toothpaste. I'm glad that I got this in my box because we were running out of dog toothpaste! Do you know how expensive it is to get your dogs teeth cleaned by the dentist? It's a couple hundred dollars! This is much more affordable.



We've gotten these treats in a couple of different subscription boxes before, Emma and Red love them. These treats are perfect for my medium sized dogs, They're not too big and not too small. They were definitely excited to see another bag of these!


Woof Dog Bone ($2?)

I'm not really sure what the brand  is for this dog bone but I thought that $2 was a pretty fair price. We've gotten peanut butter bones that were very similar to these before and my pups loved them. I might have to go to the pet store and get another bone that's similar to this one so that the pups don't fight over it!



These treats are adorable! They're shaped like stars and coins. My pups have never tried apple pie flavored treats before so I can't wait to see how much they like them!



Believe it or not, but sunscreen is actually important for dogs too. If you don't put it on them, they have a lot higher risk of getting cancer. What I love about this company is that their actually an Etsy store! On the days that I know my pups will be spending a lot of time outdoors, I'll have to rub this on their nose and ears. 



I LOVE the JW brand! They are one of the few dog toy brands that I can find the Red doesn't chew up. He's a Yellow Labrador Retriever so throwing a ball around with him is one of is favorite things to do. Red is going to love to fetch this ball in the backyard :)



I'm not sure how credible this brand is or anything, but I've just never really liked wipes for dogs. I think that their fine to use with puppies so you don't get shampoo in their eyes, but the wipes don't work very well for me. I usually bring my dogs to the groomers but sometimes I give them baths at home. We just don't really have a need for the wipes. 


Total Value of the Box: $34.45

I know that my pups loved all of the products in their PetBox! I feel so much better knowing that the products that they received were all healthy for them and that they are really going to enjoy them. Now we can't wait to see what's going to be in next month's box!


Disclaimer: I bought this box with my own money and all opinions are my own. This post includes referral links. 

Comments

  1. I really need to get this for my little guy!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    http://acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had been looking for a subscription box for cats, so I will have to go check them out. I have seen quite a few for dogs, cats need some love as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Want to sell your old clothes? Poshmark.

Diamond Candles vs Prize Candles

Giveaway!